Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Top of the Hay

Last night I got to visit a really neat place - the Top of the Hay, at the Hay-Adams Hotel. The walkway around the top of the hotel has an amazing view of the White House and all the way down to the Potomac River.



In this picture, the White House is in the middle, the Washington Monument is directly behind the White House, and the Jefferson Memorial is just above the right top corner of the White House.

Here's another photo of me at the Top of the Hay. To my left is the Eisenhower Executive Office Building. It's pretty neat that I got to go inside of that building earlier in the day!


Finally, here is a picture of me giving a speech at the Top of the Hay.


Okay, so maybe I didn't actually give a speech. But I did get to stand at the same podium where University of Michigan president Mark Schlissel had made a speech earlier in the evening. Both Emily and Stacy went to the University of Michigan, so they were excited to see the new president of the school. Go Blue!

No comments:

Post a Comment