Monday, March 30, 2015

National Archives

Have you seen the movie National Treasure? In the movie, one of the characters steals the Declaration of Independence from the National Archives.

In real life, it would be very hard to steal that national treasure, because the National Archives keeps the Declaration of Independence, the Constitution of the United States, and the Bill of Rights tightly locked up. In fact, they are so protective of these Charters of Freedom that I wasn't able to take any photos of them when I visited the National Archives! Luckily, the National Archives has photos on their website, so you can still see what these documents look like.

   Click Image to Enlarge   Click Image to Enlarge

I was able to take some photos outside of the National Archives. Here I am with the sculpture Heritage.


And here I am in front of the National Archives building.

No comments:

Post a Comment