Friday, April 10, 2015

On to Northampton, Massachusetts!

I had a great week in Nashville! Now it is time to hop back in my envelope and head to Northampton, Massachusetts.


I'm really getting to visit a lot of places that Presidents of the United States have lived on this trip. I started in Washington, DC, where the President lives when in office. I already posted an entry about my trip to the White House. Do you remember who the current President is? If not, here's a link to that post.

Then it was on the Nashville, home of two Presidents and one Vice-President. Do you know who they were?

Here's the first one:

Andrew Jackson.jpg
Andrew Jackson, U.S. President 1829 - 1837
Just a few years later, there was another President from Nashville:

James Polk restored.jpg
James K. Polk, U.S. President 1845-1849
And here's the Vice-President:

Al Gore, Vice President of the United States, official portrait 1994.jpg
Al Gore, U.S. Vice-President 1993-2001
And now I'm headed to Northampton - home of another President! In fact, long before he was President, he was on the Northampton City Council and then the mayor of the city.

Calvin Coolidge cph.3g10777.jpg
Calvin Coolidge, Northampton Mayor 1910-1911, U.S. Vice-President 1921-1923, U.S. President 1923-1929

No comments:

Post a Comment